- European research excellence: to facilitate harmonization and improvement in the quality, profile, and industrial relevance of European research in the emerging field of trust technologies, drawing on relevant prior work from related areas and disciplines;
- Technology transfer: to gain competitive advantage for the European ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) industry in open distributed software systems.
- Joint Research: to promote innovative and pragmatic joint research across the community fractions related to trust technologies in different COST member states, and worldwide;
- Interdisciplinary Research: to promote interdisciplinary research in the field of trust technologies aimed at a robust understanding of the notion of agreement among computational entities;
- Early integration of young researchers: to promote a rapid integration and sustained involvement of early-stage researchers in the community building process;
- Capacity Building: to promote high-quality teaching in all aspects related to the trust paradigm.
- Awareness: to raise awareness of the emerging field of trust technologies technology among the target groups of the Action; and
- Early Adoption: to encourage the early adoption of trust technologies and applications in industry.