The overall mission of the Action is to support and promote the harmonization of nationally-funded high-quality research towards a new paradigm for next generation distributed systems based on the notion of agreement between computational agents, fostering research excellence and sowing the seeds for technology transfer to industry. This mission transforms into the following primary objectives of the Action:
- European research excellence: to facilitate harmonization and improvement in the quality, profile, and industrial relevance of European research in the emerging field of Agreement Technologies, drawing on relevant prior work from related areas and disciplines;
- Technology transfer: to gain competitive advantage for the European ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) industry in open distributed software systems.
In support of achieving these primary objectives, the Action aims at the following mid-term goals:
- Joint Research: to promote innovative and pragmatic joint research across the community fractions related to Agreement Technologies in different COST member states, and worldwide;
- Interdisciplinary Research: to promote interdisciplinary research in the field of Agreement Technologies aimed at a robust understanding of the notion of agreement among computational entities;
- Early integration of young researchers: to promote a rapid integration and sustained involvement of early-stage researchers in the community building process;
- Capacity Building: to promote high-quality teaching in all aspects related to the Agreement Technology paradigm.
- Awareness: to raise awareness of the emerging field of Agreement Technologies technology among the target groups of the Action; and
- Early Adoption: to encourage the early adoption of Agreement Technologies and applications in industry.